Friday, August 14, 2009

LOOOONG Overdue!


Where in the world do the days go?? I swear it seems like it is still June and here it is half way to September!!! Wow...time really flies as you get older....and that my friends is a major BUMMER!
So what could be taking up all my time and keeping me from blogging....well, let me just tell you!
In order of course beacause what is life without order?
1. My Birthday Week...yes, WEEK beagan with dinner with my Family at the local Mexican restaurant. My Father tried to take me somewhere fancy but I refused! I just love Mexican and Margaritas and it makes for a fun evening with my family. Next was dinner 2 nights later at my absolute FAVORITE restaurant The Grove Market to celebrate my birthday and my good friend Lindsay's. The place is a total dive complete with plastic chairs but the table settings are very formal, the decor is so beachy crab shack and the food is TOO DIE FOR! Seriously, its nothing short of amazing...5 star. I orderd the Duck and let me tell you I am still dreaming about it almost 2 months later. Finally a few days after that I headed out to the water park with one of my best friends Karen for our annual birthday water slide day extravaganza...its such a fun day and always makes us feel soo young!! (I know 30 and 31 are still young...but 22 would be much nicer).
2. The Fourth of July - What a wonderful time this year ended up to be! For starters I thought this year was totally going to be a disaster. The Country Club where I basically grew up every summer since I was born always hosts the most amazing fireworks display. They are known to the absolute BEST for miles around and I was always blessed with a front row seat every-year. The day always began with pool games - The Dad's splash contest, the slippery watermelon in the bottom of the pool, and various other games....then we would head inside (or home if you close) to shower and change and be back in time for dinner and fireworks!!! It was one of my favorite days all year. Then this year the club is having a bit (ok a lot) of financial trouble and did not put on the fireworks......can you imagine?!? I was devastated. Luckily the very small rual town I grew up in decided to have their own display and let me tell you it was FABULOUS. I ened up watching the fireworks in the back of a pick up truck bed - tailgating - covered in bug spray and drinking way too many beers in my cute little koozie cup! It was such a great end to what could have been a very sad day as far as memories are concerned....yeah to Hebron for stepping up to the plate and putting on a show that could definately rival that of the Country Club!
3. Babies, Babies and more Babies!!! Not really, but there are 2 that I have grown very attached too. My cousin Kelli and her husband Mark had their twins Thatcher & Vance and what a roller coaster it has been. The first day they were doing great! All scored very high on all assessments and were so alert and just the cutest little munchkins you ever saw! Then on the second day, I was up visiting Kelli - everyone else was gone, Dr. Alvarado (more on him later) came in and said that Vance was not digsting correctly and would have to be flown to Johns Hopkins that very night! Oh it was just so sad. They medivac'd him and Mark drove like the wind to meet them. Kelli stayed beind with Thatcher. It seems that Vance has the same intestinal disase his Mom has...Hirshsprungs Disease. He was fitted with a colostomy bag and was thriving up in Baltimore....then...Thatcher is diagonosed with the same issue!!! Thankfully they are all home now and doing great....eating like little piggies and growing like little weeds. And I am totally in love with them. Of course to me they are the cutest little babies every brought into this world! Anda s you can imagine I have been spending TONS of time with them...and will continue to do so!
4. Planning Family Vacation! We are off to Emerald Isle, NC for a week of beach, drinks, fun and sun with the whole family! This year we are taking my Grandmother with us....whoa. This should be interesting to say the least. We have many activities planned and they all involve a nice cold drink, my bathing suit and lots of laughs. I will be sure to take lots of pictures!
What have you all been up too??
And Landlocked Mermaid, you went private....tears :( Miss your lovely posts. Please add me if you can! beachy2978@gmail.com
Love!


1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Landlocked mermaid needs to invite me too!!! Sounds like some fabulous vacations your having!