Friday, June 26, 2009

Beautiful Beaches, Tiffany, Weddings and too many cocktails!

What a GORGEOUS morning it is here - hope you girls are having just as nice a day wherever you all are!

I have been so busy these last few weeks preparing for the nuptials of two great friends. Last week I traveled to the beautiful island of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was just simply an amazing place. The people are so kind, helpful and just give you a sense of genenuity (sp? - is that even a word?). Of course as soon as you arrive in any island the first this you want is a nice cold beverage - of the adult nature of course ;0. There happened to be 6 of use friends traveling together in the 45 min shuttle to the resort so we kindly asked our driver - Miguel - to stop for some cervesas. He promptly stopped, we told him we needed 12 please. Hey, it was a 45 min drive and we were on vacation....don't judge ;). He told us they were $5 per beer - we happily forked over $60 (wth) for 12 beers and waited anxiously.....he returned with 12 40 oz. Presidente beers! Needless to say we tried our hardest to finish them before we reached the resort....I was a bit tipsy checking in.

Checking in I was so happy to be reunited with my very best friend Champagne. I had indulged in several "conversations" in that lobby waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. But then I knocked her over...in the lobby. There was bubbly and ice EVERYWHERE. I was mortified and quickly followed the bellhop to my room where I took a hot shower and a NAP.

The rest of the trip pretty much involved me grabbing coffee and fresh fruit for breakfast at the cafe by the beach, followed by me and my book enjoying the beautiful beach from 8:30 am till about 1 pm every morning. My many friends who were also at the resort would try and get me to the pool, but come on! I could not sit at the pool when this was the view from by lounge chair and cabana at the beach...









Can you blame me??

Of course out resort was all-inclusive and to my friends that means mudslides at 8 am every morning. Usually switching to vodka & sodas by lunchtime and continuing thru the wee morning hours. I could not hang...nor did I really try that hard ;).

My room was gorgeous!! Feather bed, down comforter...heavenly! I felt like I was home - which is so nice when your on vacation.

The wedding was gorgeous. Right on the beach! Here I am with the beautiful bride. L to right, Me, Maggie, The Bride Danielle, McKenna the flower girl, Nicole and Jen.






And here is a shot from the rehearsal dinner. It was so much fun! I LOVE it when you do really long tables!!!

The bride gave the bridesmaids a gorgeous necklace from Tiffany - how sweet is that!?! I can't find a pic that will allow me to upload so you will have to take my word for it.....stunning and such a sweet gesture.

I will post some of the bride when I have more - I left my camera home in the states! As you can imagine it was a tragic development once discovered.

Happy Friday! And thanks to The Mrs. for my 1st comment!!! Yeah!

Tonight its off to see The Proposal with my Grandmother - she LOVES movies like this! Talk to you soon.


Love :)

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

YOu are so welcome doll. Looks like such a blast!!!!